Early identifying and acting on wear-based change processes
The wheelsets on bogies are subjected to enormous loads every time they corner. Bearings are subject to heavy use and are particularly prone to breakdowns or failures, especially on high-speed trains and frequent cornering. Wear detection in conjunction with bearing friction therefore plays a major role in all moving components such as wheelsets and bogies.
Moreover bearing wear is followed by a characteristic vibration behavior. This evolves e.g. from mechanical abrasion of balls or rollers inside the bearings.
Strain through curves
Heavy gear, like railway vehicles, furthermore show differing wear at the axle bearings if curves of one direction are driven through more frequently
Answer: predicive maintenance
- Reliable measured values as database for evaluation systems and rail automation
- Cost savings through optimization of maintenance intervals
- Increased efficiency in the planning of maintenance, reliability and availability of the train fleet
The analog acceleration sensor AccTRANS offers the opportunity to measure the vibration behavior directly at the affected bearings and to provide the signal for later evaluation. With early detection of conspicuous vibration patterns greater damages can be avoided by correct maintenance actions in due time.
Besides the train’s angular velocity in curves, the rotation rate sensor CoriSENS also captures the curve’s direction. Thus it is possible to count right and left turns and thereby draw conclusions on differing bearing wear.
Analog acceleration sensor to measure oscillation and vibration on train bogies
- Filter configuration on request
- Extremely rugged stainless steel housing
- Easy integration into onboard power supply of the train
AccTRANS is a single axis accelerometer based upon MEMS technology (micro-electromechanical system) capturing dynamic acceleration. A spring-mass-system continuously measures the displacement of a seismic mass. This value is proportional to the acceleration and subsequently output with a 4-20 mA current signal.
- Measurement range ±4 g*
- Sensitivity 2,0 mA/g*
- Frequency range 0,5-15 Hz*
- Protection class IP68
- Temperature range -40°C…+70 °C
- (*Housing material stainless steel)
Single axis angular rate sensor to measure angular velocity
- Integrated self-test function
- Temperature compensation without active heating or cooling
- OEM Adaptation of various parameters
CoriSENS is a single axis angular rate sensor based upon MEMS technology (micro-electromechanical system) capturing the angular velocity of the rotation around its measurement axis. A spring-mass-system continuously measures the displacement of a seismic mass, induced to high frequency vibration. This value is proportional to the angular velocity and subsequently output with either a 4-20 mA current signal or a 0-10 V voltage signal.
- Measurement range ±12 °/s (adjustable)
- Current output 4-20 mA
- Voltage output 0-10 V
- Protection class IP42
- Temperature range -40 °C…+85 °C
Have we piqued your interest?
Do you have questions about our sensors or a specific measuring task?